Thursday 10 February 2011

Berlinale 2011, Day 1:

Berlinale Palace, tonight at 6pm, red carpet:

I got jostled, pushed, insulted, thrown of the pedestal (literally - LOL) which I thought was too good to be true to have come across in the first place - all because thousands of people (people ...?), movie buffs, paparazzi and celebrity hounds were fighting for the best spots to catch a glimpse of their favourite star. Due to the ensuing pandemonium and because I was simply too far away from the action I only managed to get a few decent shots, and none of them were of Isabella Rossellini, Diane Lane, Josh Brolin or Jeff Bridges. To add insult to injury, the memory card on my camera was full just as Isabella Rossellini's limousine pulled up ... ... Luckily, my friend Willem was luckier, and lucky me, he let me have some of his photos:



Festival director Dieter Kosslick, as usual arriving before everybody else in order to be at the ready to welcome his guests, and as usual wearing his trademark hat:



Jasmin Tabatabai (Unveiled):



Nicolette Krebitz aka Coco (The Tunnel), arriving in a flashy BMW convertible:



Sibel Kekelli (Head On):



Heike Makatsch (Love, Actually):



German director Oskar Roehler (Nowhere To Go, Suck My Dick):



Mario Adorf (Kir Royal, Nachts wenn der Teufel kam):


Earlier this afternoon, after the press conference for True Grit: Joel and Ethan Coen (top picture) and Josh Brolin (bottom picture), leaving the Grand Hyatt, Berlin, via the hotel's back entrance: